With Summer finally arriving its time to put away our favourite stew and hot pot recipes and start to imagine what its like for our brothers and sisters in warmer climates in the kitchen. With our heat wave under way our taste buds are crying out for freshness and a lighter style of cooking.
If you are looking for something that is easy to make, economical, healthy and above all packed with flavor this is the recipe for you. I find that it is a great protein hit that goes well with lots of different food combos. I like to do this up on a Monday night and it gets me through to Thursday or it is perfect to portion up and freeze for later. It goes well in a pita with salad and humus, served warm with vegetables or as a Burrito bowl with rice, black beans, salsa and all your regular additions such as Guacamole.
- 600g skinless Chicken Breast
- 600g skinless Thigh (bones removed)
- Juice of 1 large orange
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 garic cloves
- 1 teaspoon smokey Paprika
- Tablespoon Coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celcius
- Heat a large Skillet and add Coconut oil
- Working in batches sear the chicken thighs and breasts lightly
- Transfer to a Large pot
- Blend orange juice, lime juice, garlic and Paprika into a marinade and pour over the Chicken
- Place chicken covered in the oven for 90 minutes turning chicken pieces over halfway through.
- When the Chicken is cooked through pull apart with a fork
- Place back in the oven for another 15 minutes until Chicken starts to get a little crispy
- Serve with black beans, salsa, guacamole and cheese in a Lettuce leaf